Monday 2 May 2016

Lofty Peaks





Lofty Peaks



Motivation, I've discovered is what keeps us going.
Through our insecurities, abashed and unknowing.
Motivation fuels the heart and the mind,
Hope is born, unconfined.


Through the clouds of pall, hope paves the way,
For the first rays to light up the day.
Urging us to set our goals ever  higher,
New peaks to conquer, loftier still to acquire.


Goals are to be set, standards to be decided.
There shall be no map or utilities provided.
For the map should be self drawn no matter the delay,
Utilities though can be picked along  the way.


As I set off to reach further than the kites,
To break old records and conquer new heights.
Limbs ache and eyes burn,
It's getting stepper with every turn.


Nothing compares though with the feeling I get,
When over the loftiest peak my flag I set.
Looking down at the atrocious path  only to admit,
That it had been totally worth it.

***********************

No comments:

Post a Comment